Sunday, August 2, 2009

Grocery Smarts

Let me explain my grocery shopping/coupon stuff a little more.
I go to this website: http://www.grocerysmarts.com/
It's a free website designed to match up sales with coupons that are available.
When I get those little packs of coupons in the mail, I write the date on them (it's on the fold) and place them in a clear protector sheet. I get Proctor and Gamble coupons, Red Plum coupons, and Smart Source coupons, among other misc. coupons from different sources.
The website that I go to has Albertons, Vons, Food 4 Less, among a few other grocery stores. When I am ready to go shopping, I go to the website-I choose to shop at Albertson's.
The website shows me what's on sale, including a star rating system that shows when it's a great sale, or just a good sale-based upon the regular price of "the walmart brand" for that product.
Most grocery stores work in 12 week cycles, so during a 12 week period, items will be on sale at least once. For instance, spaghetti will be on sale, maybe not the brand you would normally buy, but at least one spaghetti product will come on sale during that time.
A few keys:
Stock up on the item when on sale enough to last until the next time it will come on sale (12 weeks or so)
Never use a coupon on a full price item/Always use coupons when the item is on sale
You can use a store coupon and a manufacter coupon on the same item
The website shows the sales, then shows whether or not a coupon is available. A LOT OF THE COUPONS I USE, ARE PRINTED FREE ONLINE! I just had to download the free coupon printer software, so the barcode prints correctly.
If anyone has questions, please let me know, and I would be happy to help you out.
I am not an expert, just sharing things that I've learned, so maybe someone can find this advise useful! If anyone has more advise for me, please let me know too!!! Happy couponing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! I can't wait to save that much too! Thanks Trish!