Saturday, August 1, 2009

My first real coupon shopping trip.

I've been hearing a lot about how coupons can help save money on groceries, and I've really gotten excited about it. So, I got my list together last night. With many sales at Albertsons, and this is how it went.
I left the house at 8:30 with Savanna and headed to Albertson's. I haven't been to an Alberston's store since I was in college at BYU-Idaho, so it took a minute to look around the store and see where everything was.
First, I am going to show the commissary savings, because it was good, but not great.

Commissary:


Total cost: $41.53 Coupons: $7.65 Money spent: $35.96


Best Buys: 6 pack applesauce cups $.25, Chocolate ice cream topping $.30


Albersons #1:


4 boxes Macaroni Grill pasta mix

4 boxes Chex Mix granola bars

5 Warm delights cake mix

Cost for the sale: $32.30: Coupons $9.30: Spend $30 in these products and get $15 back

I spent $23.00 29% savings

Albertson's #2

2 Knorr pasta sides

2 cookie mix

2 mayo

10 brownie mix

Cost for the sale: $30.32 Coupons $7.25: Spend $30 in these products and get $15 back and I used 2 of the $5 coupons from the first purchase of $15 back.

I spent: $13.82 57% savings

Albertson's #3

2 Rice sides

14 Fruit snacks

2 Country Crock margarine

Cost for the sale: $31.66 Coupons $4.75: Spend $30 in these products and get $15 back and I used 4 of the $5 coupons from the previous purchase of $15 back.


I spent: $9.23 78% savings


Albertson's #4

2 Nutrigrain bars

Cinnabon bars

2 Frosted mini wheats

5 poptarts $1 each if you buy 5

2 packs tortillas

pack of Bic disposable razors

Cost for the sale: $29.66 Coupons $12.55: I used 3 of the $5 coupons from the previous purchase of $15 back.

I spent: $3.51 93% savings

Total cost for the items (on sale)$165.47

Total in coupons, including money back toward future purchases: $86.50 52% savings

Without counting the commissary shopping, the groceries cost $123.94 and saved $78.85 in coupons which is 64% savings, and that's just off the sale price, not including how much these items really cost every day. And I am also getting a $10 rebate for buying 10 kellogg's items in the mail along with a $70 coupon for dell.

I've had a great day, and I plan to keep getting more for my money!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!

Amanda XOX said...

way to go! 1 year food storage isn't so daunting with coupons and sales, don't you think?

The Four J's said...

I would love to understand all that more... maybe someone with the knowledge needs to take me, haha.