Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kanab

I will be in Kanab this week. . . So, I may not get to post, or I may get to post more than usual! You just never know!
Church today was interesting. Well, the kids are doing better at church since now they are adjusted to new classes and a new ward. AJ has started going to nursery. He does great. He's not actually 18 months until the end of March, but his teachers don't mind, they are fabulous!
There was just a slight problem today. About 1/2 way through Relief Society, his teacher brought him to me and said he had a little accident. I was like, accident? He wears diapers. Then I looked at his back. Too bad their aren't bath tubs at the church cause he really could've used one! I'd post pictures, but I don't want to gross too many of you out!!! Haha, just kidding, I didn't take any. I warmed the water up in the sink in the handicapped restroom-cause that was the closest to the RS room. His shirt and pants were completely un-usable. I put him in that tiny little sink and he pluged the drain for me! So, I got him all cleaned up, he was wearing only his socks and shoes. I decided I better keep him with me, so I took him into RS and caught the last 10 minutes of the lesson and the closing hymn.
That was his second BM since he had eaten breakfast, so lets just say he was hungry. Good thing I had snacks today.
He must have been tired too, cause he was asleep about a minute after we got in the car.
I haven't really been cooking sunday meals, we just have something small, but today I decided to throw some rice and chicken in the crockpot. It was SO GOOD!!!!!
I used a large can of cream of chicken soup-the wal-mart brand, stirred in one can full (the same can that had the soup in it) of milk and added about 1 1/2 cups rice. I just used the 1 cup to measure, so I don't know for sure. I stirred that all together really well. Then threw in a couple chicken tenders-not chicken nuggets, the frozen chicken kinda like chicken strips. Turned the crockpot on high and went to church.
It was still pretty runny when we got home, but after cooling it thickened way up.
It was really good. I guess that means I haven't been cooking good food enough!
Well, I better end my rambling before you fall asleep. As I should be doing. After I pack, wash the dishes and clean up the floor since I will be gone all week........

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I didn't even realize that he didn't have clothes on at the end of RS! He sure cleaned his system out right :) We will miss you this week. Hope you have fun up there.

JK said...

Oh dear, I'm glad you were able to clean him up without having to head home. It's always nice when they can be in nursery and have fun with the other kids, that can be a real challenge for some parents. take care and hope you have a nice trip. -Kari